Our Student Opportunity Fund supports small campus-based projects that provide educational enhancement for economically disadvantaged students in Austin ISD. Our first allocation was $10,000 to the Bertha Sadler Means Young Women’s Leadership Academy and Gus Garcia Young Men’s Leadership Academy in late 2014 to support their uniform campaign. In Fall 2016, we will begin additional allocations across AISD.
We consider the following criteria when reviewing potential projects:
- Goal Alignment: What is the goal of this project and how does it enhance learning for students?
- Demonstrated Need: Does this project serve an academic or extracurricular need identified in the campus and/or district strategy that is not covered in the campus budget?
- Usage of Funds: How much funding is required to successfully complete the project and how will it be used? (As this is a one-time funding opportunity, ongoing costs such as salaries are not an appropriate fit)
- Priority Student Population: Does this project predominantly serve an economically disadvantaged population? (Either an entire campus and/or a smaller population within a campus)
- Impact: Will this project have the ability to measure success and report back to Austin Ed Fund?
If you know of a strongly aligned opportunity, please email Caroline at firstname.lastname@example.org with a short project summary highlighting the points above. The first formal round of Student Opportunity Fund grants will be awarded in Fall 2016.