Student Opportunity Fund Guidelines:
This grant opportunity is specifically earmarked for Austin ISD campuses, with the goal of responding to time-sensitive needs for educational enhancement for economically disadvantaged students. Please read the following criteria carefully to ensure your project is eligible before you apply:
- Alignment: Project is aligned with Austin Ed Fund’s mission to serve as a catalyst for generating and distributing external resources for the support of excellence in AISD.
- Project Focus: Priority is given to programs emphasizing educational enhancement opportunities for economically disadvantaged students.
- Population Focus: Priority given to campuses where 70% or more students qualify for free or reduced meals (this includes 69 of 130 AISD campuses in SY 16-17) and/or projects specifically earmarked for economically disadvantaged students on a given campus.
- Demonstrated Need: Funds will meet needs identified in district and/or campus strategy and support expenses not typically covered by public funds.
- Impact: Ability to measure success and report results.
The following examples outline types of requests that are typically eligible for funding or not under these criteria:
- Experiences (including exposure to colleges & careers)
- Travel/ field trips (focused on educational enhancement)
- Academic materials/ equipment
- Clothing aligned with academic success (e.g. uniforms)
- Cross-cultural opportunities
Out of Scope:
- Maintenance/ facility improvements
- Technology/ equipment typically covered by public funds
- Event/ food sponsorships