Want to race like a champion and support a good cause at the same time? Join our Austin Gives Miles team for the big race coming up on February 18, 2018!
BREAKING NEWS: Each of our campaigns has received a $10,000 matching gift from The Moody Foundation! That means every dollar raised will have double the impact. We’re so grateful for this generous gift and hope you’ll invest in our campaigns to maximize it.
Why sign up to Fundraise and Run for the Austin Ed Fund?
You’ll be running for a great cause and will also be building community at the same time! Join our team and help fundraise on behalf of the Austin High School’s Back the Track campaign and for economically disadvantaged students across Austin through the Austin Ed Fund’s Student Opportunity Fund. Every dollar raised will directly support Austin ISD students and help us secure additional matching funds.
Whether you decide to run the 5k, half or full marathon, we’ll help you fundraise, pay for your race registration*, and award fun incentive prizes to our top fundraisers! On top of that, you’ll be invited to a complimentary happy hour (5:30 to 7 pm on January 24 at Botticelli’s,1321 S Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78704) to bring everyone together to mingle, celebrate and thank, as well as receive some tips on reaching your fundraising goal.
*Full and Half Marathon participants will need to raise at least $500 and 5k participants will need to raise at least $250 by February 11 in order to receive a free race bib.
How can you get involved?
- Sign up as an individual fundraiser – it’s not too late! Scroll down for more details on how to register and for a fundraising toolkit.
- Donate to either campaign – Back the Track or the Student Opportunity Fund. All gifts are tax-deductible, matched by The Moody Foundation, and directly benefit Austin ISD students and teachers.
- Sign up as a race-day volunteer – 6 am to 10 am on Sunday, February 18th at “The Rock” – aka under the Mopac bridge, right near Austin High School. This will be a high-energy, fun opportunity to cheer on racers AND support our students.
- Help us spread the word! Share why you care about Back the Track or Student Opportunity Fund with campaign links on your Social Media (twitter, facebook, email) and ask people to get involved by donating, volunteering or signing up as an individual fundraiser.
How to Register and Fundraise:
- Decide which campaign you would like to fundraise for on crowdrise.com. There are two options:
- Back the Track campaign to resurface and renovate the track at Austin High School.
- Student Opportunity Fund to provide field trips, academic materials, and more for economically disadvantaged students across the district.
- Sign up via Crowdrise to Fundraise for the campaign.
- Personalize your Campaign:
- Once you create an account, a crowdrise fundraising page in your name will be created that has campaign information already pre-loaded. We encourage you to personalize this page with a message and an avatar photo from you that says why this campaign is important to you and why you are fundraising on behalf of that campaign.
- Spread the word to meet your Fundraising Goal:
- It’s time to share and fundraise! The most successful fundraising campaigns are those that you share with your networks, and often. We encourage you to send a personal message and a link to the campaign to family and friends. These messages can be sent via email or through sharing the link on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. Sharing news about the $10,000 match can be a big incentive for your family and friends to donate.
- You’ve made your fundraising goal! Now what?
- Full and Half Marathon participants will need to raise at least $500 and 5k participants will need to raise at least $250 in order to qualify for a free bib by February 11. Once you’ve reached your goal, Austin Ed Fund will send you a registration code to register for the race for free.
- Keep the momentum going! You’ve reached your goal, but can you exceed your goal? Austin Ed Fund will provide prizes for our top fundraisers, and don’t forget that every dollar up to $10,000 per campaign will be matched by The Moody Foundation!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I have to be an Austin ISD employee to participate?
- No – employees, community members and even students at least 16 years of age can participate!
How do I register for the race?
- If you reach your Crowdrise Fundraising goal by February 11, Austin Ed Fund will send you a registration code for you to sign up for the race online.
What if I already registered for the race?
- If you’ve already registered for the race, you’re awesome! To fundraise for Austin Ed Fund, let us know and we will set up a Crowdrise page for you. If you meet your fundraising goal, we will reimburse you for your race registration.
Can I register through YourAustinMarathon.com?
- If you would like to register through the marathon website, be sure to choose the Austin Ed Fund as your team on the first page of registration. On the second page of registration, you will choose the Austin Ed Fund campaign you’d like to fundraise for in the Austin Gives Mile dropdown menu. This will automatically create a CrowdRise fundraising page for you.
What if I don’t meet the minimum fundraising goal in time for a free bib?
- If you are unable to make your goal by the February 11 deadline, you will unfortunately have to register and pay for the bib yourself. However, our staff is here to help with fundraising and will offer continued support to assist any team members who request it – so please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Who is eligible to volunteer on Race Day?
- We welcome volunteers of any age – this is a great opportunity for middle and high school students. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or a chaperone (a teacher could chaperone a group of students, for example). All volunteers must register online.
When and where is the Happy Hour for individual fundraisers?
- We are excited to offer complimentary appetizers and beverages for all our “ambassadors” raising funds on behalf of our two campaigns. We’ll gather at Takoba, 1411 E. 7th St., on Wednesday, January 24th from 5:30 to 7 pm. Come join us for good food, conversation, a chance to win some prizes, and fundraising tips and inspiration! RSVP to Juliana Castillo.
Have additional questions? Contact Juliana Castillo at Juliana.Castillo@austinisd.org or at (512) 414-9851.